Aftercare and support
Aftercare and support
It is a measure which takes into account your age, gender, weight and height, and calculates whether you are a likely to be either a healthy weight, underweight, overweight, obese or morbidly obese.
Maintaining a healthy weight can help to reduce your risk of obesity-related health conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. If you’re overweight, obese or underweight, we always recommend seeing your GP for advice and access to helpful resources.
You can check your BMI in moments by using our BMI Calculator. Simply input your height, weight, age and sex below.
· A BMI result below 18.5 indicates that you’re underweight - your GP can advise you on how best to achieve a healthy weight.
· A BMI result between 18.5 and 24.9 is classed as being a healthy weight for your age, gender and height. A BMI in this category could be suited to our non surgical weight loss solutions such as body sculpting.
· A BMI result between 25 and 29.9 is classed as the overweight range - find out how we can help you achieve your weight loss goals with our range of cosmetic surgery procedures. A BMI in this category is most likely to be suited to a cosmetic surgery procedure such as a tummy tuck.
· A BMI result between 30 and 39.9 is classified as obese. If you’re struggling with weight, we offer a range of weight loss procedures which can help you to lose excessive weight . A BMI of 30 more means you may be suitable for one of our weight loss surgeries, including gastric band, bypass and sleeve.
As the UK’s leading weight loss and cosmetic surgery specialist, here at The Hospital Group we have almost three decades’ experience in delivering exceptional, personalised care and tailored weight loss treatments.
This procedure can help you change your eating habits and lose weight. The amount of food the stomach can hold is reduced, so you eat less without feeling hungry.
The size of your stomach is reduced, so you feel full after eating less. A bypass is created to reroute most of what you eat to the small intestine, so you digest fewer calories.
The stomach is made smaller and resembles a tube or ‘sleeve’ in shape. The part of the stomach that creates the appetite hormone ghrelin is removed, reducing your appetite.
* Finance is subject to status.
0% finance option available over 12 months. Other finance options available for longer terms.
View real life stories from
The Hospital Group patients
We have the most established network of clinics in the with full UK coverage.
Our own private hospital in the UK is the largest specialist cosmetic surgery and weight loss surgery centre. Our surgeons are renowned in their fields of expertise. You are putting your care in safe hands when you choose The Hospital Group.Find a clinic near you
Cosmetic surgery results and benefits can vary and are different for each individual. As such, The Hospital Group cannot guarantee specific results.