Here at The Hospital Group, we believe that having any elective surgery is an undertaking which should always be given enough time for thought and reflection before deciding to go ahead.
This considered, it cannot be denied that the weight loss journey is often longer and requires much more dedication than a typical cosmetic procedure. To put this into perspective, if you are having a breast augmentation, then the final results can often be seen within 6-8 weeks but with weight loss this simply isn’t the case.
Weight loss surgery is a long-term, gradual process that is based on your commitment to making a lifestyle change. That is to say, whether you are having a gastric band, bypass or sleeve, the results are achieved over time and there can often be many ups and downs as you get used to life post-surgery.
It is important to stay motivated and focused in order to achieve the best results possible but there will be lots of help along the way from your support network of specialist nurses and dietitians who are there to guide you towards your goals.
However, if you are considering weight loss surgery, it is important to give you an idea of how the process works so you are aware of what is involved at different stages of the journey and you can make a fully informed and committed decision.
1. Book your consultation
2. Attend your consultation with a surgeon or dietitian
3. Book your weight loss surgery
4. Attend a pre-operative appointment with your specialist nurse or dietitian
5. Follow the pre-operative diet as recommend by your specialist nurse or dietitian, this period of time can vary in length depending on your individual weight loss target.
6. Have your weight loss surgery at our Dolan Park Hospital in Birmingham
7. Receive a post-op telephone call with a specialist around 2-4 days after your surgery
8. Attend regular follow-up appointments for up to 6 years depending on the aftercare package purchased. These appointments are crucial to getting the most out of your weight loss surgery and will include ensuring that you are consuming sufficient quantities of the required nutrients.
9. Make lifestyle changes including diet improvements and introducing regular exercise into your day to day life.
If you have tried diet after diet but it’s just not proved enough to achieve your weight loss goals then bariatric surgery with us could be an option. Here at The Hospital Group, we are the largest UK provider of weight loss surgery, performing thousands of procedures every year.
Our world-class facilities include our own state-of-the-art private hospital, Dolan Park in Bromsgrove, the largest weight loss hospital in the UK, along with a wide network of clinics nationwide so we are never too far away.
Wherever you visit us, you’ll find a team that is dedicated to providing exceptional care, from your first consultation right through to the comprehensive aftercare we offer. When you start your journey with us, we’ll help you through every step.