So, we caught up with Sue and Nic from online gastric band slimming club BandBoozled, who gave us their top tips when it comes to their favourite bariatric friendly recipes of love:
Set the scene with a healthy but delicious main dish
· Opt for grilled fish, chicken or meat with a salad or vegetables
· Go easy on creamy pasta or steak sauces
· If you have pizza, then choose a thin base rather than deep pan crust
· Don’t be afraid to ask how things are cooked or how sauces are made so you can choose the healthiest option for you
Grilled Halibut with a Fiery Tomato Sauce (Serves 2)
1. Peel and chop the carrots into wedges and boil with the potatoes for 10 minutes in a pan of water. Once they are done, spread the carrots, potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli on a baking tray and spritz with oil, season with salt and pepper and put into a pre-heated oven 200 degrees/fan 180C/gas mark 6 for 30 mins to crisp up.
2. Grill the fish on a medium to high temperature for approx. 10 mins until it starts to flake and is cooked through.
3. Whilst this is cooking, start mixing the first 5 ingredients in a small pan on a low heat.
4. Once plated up, drizzle the sauce over the fish and enjoy with your loved one!
Here at The Hospital Group, specialist advice and guidance from our weight loss support team is a fantastic resource which you will benefit from as part of your package with us
Gastric band patients have the additional support of BandBoozled, an online slimming club for band patients run by Sue and Nic. This is a huge source of information, recipes, meal plans and weekly updates which can help you on your journey. There is also a weight login area where you can track your weight and measurements and a Forum where you can talk to others with a gastric band and ask questions.