Enter the Mummy Makeover, or as it is more commonly known as across the pond- a Mommy Makeover, is a combination of different procedures that are specifically designed for women who have had a baby, which are all performed in a single surgery with the aim to restore and rejuvenate areas of the body which may have been affected by pregnancy.
Here at The Hospital Group, we believe that there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to any cosmetic surgery and we adopt the very same approach with a Mummy Makeover. In a consultation with your surgeon, you can discuss with your surgeon exactly what you would like to change or improve about your body and together with your Personal Advisor, we can create a Mummy Makeover package which is completely tailored to your individual needs and concerns.
Most commonly, a Mummy Makeover will be made up of a breast lift and a tummy tuck or liposuction, but this can also include vaginal tightening or labia reduction too. Here are some of the cosmetic surgery procedures which you may wish to include in your Mummy Makeover:
• Breast lift with or without implants – if your breasts just aren’t the same since and seem to have dropped since breastfeeding then breast uplift surgery could help to reshape your breasts giving you a tighter, more uplifted profile. If you’ve always wanted bigger boobs and have lost volume due to pregnancy or ageing, then you could also combine this surgery with an breast enlargement.
• Tummy Tuck – if pregnancy has left you with excess, sagging skin in the stomach area, or ‘tummy bulges’ that are resistant to diet and exercise, tummy tuck surgery could reshape your abdomen to give you a flatter, smoother profile. It can also provide muscle placation or muscle tightening to stretch abdominal muscles so that your firmer shape can be maintained afterwards.
• Liposuction – is designed to remove fat and contour the body. It’s one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures for customers who are looking for fat loss from various parts of the face and body, including the chin, stomach, buttocks and thighs. In a Mummy Makeover, liposuction is most often performed in the stomach area in order to achieve a smoother and more contoured profile.
• Labiaplasty and/or Vaginal Tightening – although most Mummy Makeover packages involve the above procedures, they can also be combined with a labiaplasty or vaginal tightening surgery.
The labia can become stretched during childbirth, this procedure can reduce the size and define the appearance of the inner labia. Vaginal muscles often become loose and weak after childbirth. Vaginal tightening surgery can change the way your vagina feels and functions, bringing back more tone and control as well as enhancing sensation during sex.
• Looking after little ones during your recovery
You’ll need to make sure that there is someone at home to help you in the first few weeks following your surgery as you rest and recover. If you have a baby, then you might find it difficult at first to pick them up as we would advise against lifting your arms and stretching during recovery.
• Taking enough time off work to rest and recover
Although it will vary on the specific Mummy Makeover package you choose, on average we recommend our customers to book around two weeks off work depending on the nature of their job, if your work involves heavy lifting or manual labour it won’t come as a surprise that you’ll need to account for more time off to ensure you can heal properly – and of course, get the best results possible from your surgery!
• Whether you have completed your family
As a Mummy Makeover package can involve a number of surgical procedures, it is a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly and if you haven’t finished having children, it is important to remember that your body can still be affected by future pregnancies whether you have had surgery or not.
For example, having a baby affects breasts with implants in the same way that it affects breasts without them. So, if you gain a lot of weight during pregnancy, the skin of the breast can stretch, which can naturally lead to sagging afterwards.
• Most importantly, whether it is the right decision for you
For many of our customers, a Mummy Makeover can be exactly what they need to restore their body confidence after pregnancy and can be wonderfully uplifting. However, it is important to remember that any surgical procedure is an undertaking which requires serious thoughts and time for reflection. Take enough time to think about whether surgery is the right decision for you.
A confident you comes from the inside and out. It’s the feeling of being who you want to be and looking how you want to look. If there are changes you’d like to make, we’re here to help you achieve the body you want to have and here at The Hospital Group, we offer 3 years of aftercare as standard with all of our breast surgery procedures to give you complete peace of mind.
Say yes to a new look. Get in touch and start your journey to a new you today.