· Book an appointment with your surgeon to have your new breasts measured so you can choose swimwear that fits and supports you. The CC size that will have been agreed with your surgeon is not equivalent to a specific bra size so you will need to be measured after surgery to find out your final size.
· Choose swimwear that fits like lingerie opting for cup sizes instead of the standard S/M/L swimwear sizes that can often be found in most high street stores. After a breast augmentation, we’d also avoid swimwear sets that come in UK dress sizes 10/12/14 as your top may not match on bottom. So, when shopping for a bikini, for the best fit we’d recommend opting for mix and match styles and separates – preferably in bra sizes!
· Let your breasts settle down first and wait six to eight weeks following your breast surgery before wearing bikini and swimsuit styles. We advise you to keep your post-surgical bra on for at least six weeks as your breasts need to be fully supported whilst your body is healing.
· Try on different styles to figure out what suits you best – we’d recommend going into store to try on rather than shopping online whilst you get to know your new breasts. It is also worth mentioning that bra sizes, especially when shopping for swimwear, can really vary between brands so make sure you shop around to find your perfect bikini.
· Consider flattering styles for larger breasts such as cupped and halterneck bikini tops with wider straps to give your new breasts lift, support and keep them in place. Tie-back styles are also a much more practical choice rather than a standard clasp-back, as they can be tightened and loosed depending on how much support you need and how you want to wear your bikini. Bandeau, strappy, triangle and string bikini tops can be less practical for larger chests as they offer little support - but it is totally up to you, our best advice is to opt for the style you feel most confident in!
When you’re putting your trust in a cosmetic surgeon, only the most experienced will do. At The Hospital Group, we only select GMC-registered surgeons to work with us. We are dedicated to providing exceptional care, from your first consultation right through to the comprehensive aftercare we offer. When you start your journey with us, we’ll help you through every step.
If you have been considering breast surgery, why not find out more about the breast procedures we offer by booking a free consultation with us.
You will meet with one of our experienced cosmetic surgeons who your surgeon will talk to you about price, risks, the procedure itself and what to expect as you recover from the breast enlargement surgery. They’ll also be happy to answer any questions you have about any aspect of the process, including breast implant size, shape and feel.
Your patient advisor will also be on hand at that initial consultation, giving you the chance to meet a key member of your personal care team who – if you decide to go ahead – will be by your side for every step.