Weight loss surgery experts Sue and Nic from BandBoozled tell us that there’s nothing nicer than enjoying our meals in the great outdoors - and we couldn’t agree more!
So with this in mind, why not make the most of the lovely weather and enjoy the following:
- Hosting a summer BBQ in the garden
- Going for a family picnic with the kids
- Having a packed lunch outdoors at work
- Preparing a romantic evening meal for two
Taking advantage of the long, light evenings could be as simple as cooking as normal and simply eating it in the garden. But if you ask us, summer calls for light, healthy meals like summer salads and colourful stir-fries with plenty of gorgeous, fresh produce where possible.
Stodgy comfort food, heavy stews and hearty casseroles belong to winter, and we are ready to say hello to the best seasonal choices all summer long. So, try this quick and easy recipe from our partners at BandBoozled:
Summer Salmon Salad
You will need the following:
- x2 small salmon fillets
- x1 tsp garlic powder
- A finely chopped chilli
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Spray oil
To prepare the salad:
- x2 small handfuls of rocket
- 1/2 chopped red pepper and ½ chopped yellow pepper
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- x3 chopped spring onions
- Mix together the lemon juice, paprika, chilli and garlic powder and marinate the salmon in it for about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Pop the salmon onto a pre-heated griddle pan with a low-calorie spray oil and cook for around 5 mins on each side until the salmon is cooked through. Meanwhile, chop the salad ingredients and pop on a plate.
- Once the salmon is cooked serve on top of the salad with rice or baby new potatoes if desired.
Salmon is a healthy choice this summer because…
- Full of vitamins and minerals especially Vitamins B & D
- Great source of Omega-3 which encourages a healthy heart and can prevent cardiovascular diseases
- Tinned salmon is good for building your bone strength as it contains calcium
- Rich in protein which is an essential food group particularly if you’re on a weight loss journey as it can actually aid your weight loss by keeping you feeling satisfied for longer
- Fatty fish is scientifically proven to aid brain health and can reduce the symptoms of mental health issues like anxiety and depression
- Contains more potassium than eating a banana!
Are you looking for more healthy eating inspiration?
Here at The Hospital Group, specialist advice and guidance from our weight loss support team is a great resource which you will benefit from as part of your package with us.
Gastric band patients have the additional support of BandBoozled, an online club for band patients run by Sue and Nic with 12 month’s free membership for our new gastric band customers. By being a member of BandBoozled, you will have access to many gastric band friendly recipes, meal plans and weekly updates which can help you on your journey.
Book a consultation
More about BandBoozled