Registered Member of:
- General Medical Council (3182365)
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Surgeons
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- British Surgical Obesity Society
- Qualified in Medicine, London 1987.
- Consultant in Upper GI surgery Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham in 1999
- Trained in Bariatric surgery in 2001 by visiting units in Belgium (Prof Pattyn, Gent), Austria (K Miller), and endoscopic training laboratories in Hamburg and Strasbourg where live operating on animal models allowed for development of bariatric surgical skills in band insertion.
- Shortly afterwards he developed the provision of Bariatric Surgery at Heartlands Hospital which now offers Laparoscopic gastric banding procedures to NHS patients from all over the Midlands and UK.